Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Online Lesson Plan Book with Planbook.com

I've been using this online plan book for three years now, and I absolutely love it! For a mere $12.00 a year (not much more than the cost of a paper lesson plan book) I have quick and easy access to all my lesson plans!

What do I LOVE about planbook.com?  Let me list the reasons:

1. I travel between buildings. Having an online plan book means I don't ever have to worry about leaving my plan book at the wrong building. It also means I always have it available at home.

2. If a lesson runs long and I need to extend it to another week, it's simple to do -- simply click a button! This is also very helpful when a class gets canceled because of a field trip, assembly, or snow (cold) day.

3. I can easily copy and paste lessons (I don't have to rewrite them by hand) for multiple classes with the same lesson plan for the week.

4. I can attach files, website URLs, etc. to the lesson plans, so I have EVERYTHING in one place.

5. It's EASY to print the lesson plans out for a sub when my kids are sick -- and that ALWAYS happens at the most inopportune times, doesn't it?

6. It keeps my lesson plans from previous years. So, if a lesson went particularly well, I can go to the previous year's lessons, and simply copy and paste the lesson, materials needed, files, etc. in a couple of clicks!

Below is a screen shot from my plan book from LAST school year.


Screen Shot Of My Plan Book from Last School Year

There are so many reasons to love this inexpensive and easy-to-use resource!  I am not getting any kickbacks or commissions from planbook.com for advertising their product. It's simply a product I love. It's made my life so much easier, and I want others to know about the product.  

If you have any questions about this product, how to use it, etc. just let me know! They do have a free trial option. That's how I started. I tried it for a month for free, but to be honest, I knew after one week I would purchase it.

To check out more, go to www.planbook.com!  Happy Planning!


Jenn McMahon, Library Goddess

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try planning online for the first time this year. I'm trying commoncurriculum.com. Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear! I'm sure commoncurriclum.com will be just as helpful as planbook.com. I just love having everything online!

    ReplyDelete