Wednesday, July 30, 2014

How to Subscribe to my Blog

I've received a couple of emails from people asking HOW they can subscribe to my blog. 

Below is a SHORT video that will show you three different ways you can get notified when I've written a new blog post.  Feel free to simply watch the video, subscribe, and be done; however, if you want to learn a little bit more about RSS Feeds, continue reading below the video.

Watch: HOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG:


What IS is an RSS? RSS Explained.

RSS stands for Rich Site Summary. It's format for delivering regularly changing web contact -- oftentimes news-related sites, blogs, etc.

Why might I want to use RSS?

I follow 17 blogs on a regular basis.  Without an RSS, I would have to visit each of those websites daily to see if they've been updated. That's a lot of running around the net! 

To save me time, I use Protopage as my reader -- although there are a TON of RSS readers out there. This means I go to ONE website, and I can find all the sites I follow in one place. Without having to go to each website, I can see if there is an update, and even read the title to see if I want to go to the site to read it -- similar to using the subject line of an email to determine if you want need to read it.

What if I don't follow a lot of websites?

No problem!  Then just subscribe using your email address or Google+.  

No comments:

Post a Comment