Saturday, July 26, 2014

Google Certified Educator


Whew!  When I "signed on" to get my Google Educator Certificate this summer, I had no idea how much work it would be, how difficult it would be, or how much I would learn!

To become a Google Educator, you need to take and pass five courses -- four on Google Apps (Drive, Calendar, Gmail, & Calendar) as well as one "elective." I chose to take my elective on Google Chrome browser as this was the elective I thought my students would benefit from the most -- we use iPads rather than Chrome Books.

Each exam is 90 minutes long, containing 60 multiple choice questions, and trust me, I needed every minute to complete and pass (80% or higher) the exams!  And I didn't do it alone!  There was a small group of us this summer who committed ourselves to the task.  Throughout the summer, we offered each other support, help, and encouragement -- and look, ladies!  

WE DID IT!

This year, each of the buildings should have at least one, Certified Google Educator to help students and staff as our district migrates to the Google Suite of Apps.  

Looking forward to an amazing year!


-- Jenn McMahon, Library Goddess


No comments:

Post a Comment